Monday, September 14, 2026

SEPTEMBER 14, 2026

 True belonging is the spiritual practice of believing in and belonging to yourself so deeply that you can share your most authentic self with the world and find sacredness in both being a part of something and standing alone in the wilderness. True belonging does not require you to change who you are; it requires you to be who you are.

― BRENE' BROWN

PROVERBS 25-27

19As water reflects the face,
so one’s life reflects the heart. (27:19)

2 CORINTHIANS 6

3We put no stumbling block in anyone’s path so that our ministry will not be discredited. 4Rather, as servants of God we commend ourselves in every way: in great endurance; in troubles, hardships and distresses; 5in beatings, imprisonments and riots; in hard work, sleepless nights and hunger; 6in purity, understanding, patience and kindness; in the Holy Spirit and in sincere love; 7in truthful speech and in the power of God; with weapons of righteousness in the right hand and in the left; 8through glory and dishonor, bad report and good report; genuine, yet regarded as impostors; 9known, yet regarded as unknown; dying, and yet we live on; beaten, and yet not killed; 10sorrowful, yet always rejoicing; poor, yet making many rich; having nothing, and yet possessing everything.

JOURNAL 

There is something powerful in the idea that “one’s life reflects the heart.” What I consistently do reveals what is actually being formed within me. Effort, grit, discipline and teamwork are not simply qualities needed to win a game or accomplish a goal. They are outward expressions of an inward condition. They reveal what I believe, what I value and ultimately who I am becoming.

Effort is the willingness to give what I have today. It refuses to wait for perfect circumstances, motivation or recognition. Paul describes hard work, sleepless nights and hunger. There is something sacred about simply giving everything I have to the work God has placed in front of me. Effort says that this moment matters and therefore what I do with it matters.

Grit is what keeps that effort alive when circumstances become difficult. Paul speaks of endurance through troubles, hardships and distress, through glory and dishonor, through good report and bad report. Grit is not pretending that something does not hurt. It is deciding that difficulty will not determine who I become. It is carrying the cross when carrying it becomes uncomfortable.

Discipline gives direction to effort and grit. Jesus says to count the cost before building the tower. There is intention in that. Discipline understands that becoming something worthwhile requires choosing what matters most over what feels easiest right now. It is surrendering comfort, impulses and excuses because I have decided beforehand who I want to become and, more importantly, who God is calling me to become.

Teamwork turns personal strength outward. Paul describes endurance alongside patience, kindness and sincere love. The purpose of becoming stronger is not simply so that I can stand alone. It is so that I can help the people beside me stand. My effort affects them. My attitude affects them. My discipline affects them. When I quit, complain or become selfish, that affects them too. Everything I do either adds something to the people around me or takes something away.

Maybe this is where true belonging is ultimately found. I do not need a team, group or another person to give me my identity. That identity comes from God. But because I know whose I am, I am free to give myself completely to others. I can work without needing recognition, endure without needing sympathy, discipline myself when nobody is watching and sacrifice for the person beside me without asking what I will receive in return.

Effort gives all I have. Grit keeps me going. Discipline keeps me true. Teamwork reminds me that none of it is only about me.

That is a life reflecting the heart. And if the heart belongs to God, then these things become more than pillars written on a wall. They become evidence of His Spirit being lived out through me.


25Large crowds were traveling with Jesus, and turning to them he said: 26“If anyone comes to me and does not hate father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters—yes, even their own life—such a person cannot be my disciple. 27And whoever does not carry their cross and follow me cannot be my disciple.
28“Suppose one of you wants to build a tower. Won’t you first sit down and estimate the cost to see if you have enough money to complete it? 29For if you lay the foundation and are not able to finish it, everyone who sees it will ridicule you, 30saying, ‘This person began to build and wasn’t able to finish.’
31“Or suppose a king is about to go to war against another king. Won’t he first sit down and consider whether he is able with ten thousand men to oppose the one coming against him with twenty thousand? 32If he is not able, he will send a delegation while the other is still a long way off and will ask for terms of peace. 33In the same way, those of you who do not give up everything you have cannot be my disciples.
34“Salt is good, but if it loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? 35It is fit neither for the soil nor for the manure pile; it is thrown out.
“Whoever has ears to hear, let them hear.”

LUKE 14:25-35

No comments:

Post a Comment