“Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be.”
PSALM 75-77
ROMANS 6
19I am speaking in human terms because of the weakness of your flesh. Just as you used to offer the parts of your body in slavery to impurity and to escalating wickedness, so now offer them in slavery to righteousness leading to holiness.
20For when you were slaves to sin, you were free of obligation to righteousness. 21What fruit did you reap at that time from the things of which you are now ashamed? The outcome of those things is death. 22But now that you have been set free from sin and have become slaves to God, the fruit you reap leads to holiness, and the outcome is eternal life. 23For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
JOURNAL
Every heart will serve something. There is no neutral ground. My mind, my desires, my ambitions, my fears, my need for approval, my pursuit of comfort, success, control, or security will all eventually master me if they become the center of my life. I was created to worship, and if I do not willingly surrender myself to God, something else will gladly take His place. Whatever captures my heart ultimately shapes my life, and if that master is anything other than God, it always leads toward destruction, no matter how attractive it first appears.
That is why surrender is not a one-time decision but a daily one. Every morning I have the opportunity to decide who will rule my heart. Will I become a slave to fear, pride, comfort, achievement, or the opinions of others? Or will I willingly become a servant of the God who alone leads to life? Romans reminds me that slavery to sin always produces death, while slavery to God produces holiness, freedom, and life. What feels like surrender is actually the doorway to true freedom because I am placing myself under the only Master who loves me perfectly.
Looking back over my life, I see countless moments where God's grace carried me when my own choices deserved something very different. Had circumstances unfolded another way, I might not even be here today. Yet by His mercy I have breath in my lungs, a wonderful family, faithful friends, meaningful work, and another day to know Him. These blessings remind me that His grace has always been greater than my failures.
So today I choose again. I surrender my plans, my desires, my fears, and my outcomes to You, Father. Capture my heart before anything else does. Let my thoughts, words, and actions be shaped by Your Spirit rather than by the endless voices competing for my attention. Thank You for the priceless gifts of family, friendship, community, and above all, Your unfailing love. May I live today as Your servant, trusting that the path of surrender is not the loss of life, but the only path that truly leads to it.
No comments:
Post a Comment